Terms and conditionsThese terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with our Learner information
In addition to these terms and conditions, Learners need to familiarise themselves with our Learner Information prior to their course.
Course fee and payment
Course fee payments are due by the day of course date. Payments can be made via online banking, cheque, cash or EFTPOS. There are no credit card facilities.
The prompt payment discount applies when the course fee is received at least 5 days before the course date or on the day of booking if booking is made within 5 days of the course date. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require assistance with arranging prompt payment. Sector discounts (e.g. Childcare) apply when the booking is made on the relevant booking form (e.g. First Aid booking for Childcare Sector).
Certificates will only be issues after payment has been received.
Invoices are issued on request. An accounts payable contact and/or purchase order number must be supplied.
Vouchers must be presented before or at the beginning of the course. Vouchers cannot be used after expiry date. To receive the specified discount off a Revalidation course the participant must be eligible to attend a Revalidation course. Specific terms and conditions for vouchers are specified on the voucher or material provided with the voucher.
Change of course date
Learner who are not able to attend their course can request one change of course date free of charge. Additional changes may incur a rebooking fee.
In the case of organisational bookings, date changes must be authorised by the booking contact person.
Course cancellation and refunds
Learners who are unable to attend their course should notify us as soon as possible.
A full refund will be provided when we are notified at least 48 hours before the start time of the course.
Learners who cancel within 48 hours but before the start of their course have the right to a 50% refund or can rebook for a course held within 30 days of the original course date (subject to availability). The offer to rebook is granted one time only.
Learners who do not cancel before their course are not entitled to a refund. However, they can rebook for a course held within 30 days of the original course date (subject to availability). The offer to rebook is granted one time only.
Issuing of refunds
Refunds will only be issued to the person or organisation that paid the course fee. Course fees are refunded via online banking only. Refunds are processed on the 20th of the month following the course date, provided Practical Training Solutions receives the following information: course participant’s name, scheduled course date, name of workplace or organisation the course participant is affiliated with (if applicable), bank account number and account name.
Group booking payments
Group bookings are courses organised and booked purely for a workplace or organisation.
Group booking course fee payment
The course fee is due on the day of course date or as specified on the invoice (unless arranged otherwise). Prompt payment discounts applies only when the course fee is received by the prompt payment due date stated on the invoice.
Certificates will only be issues after payment has been received.
Change of group course date
Group booking course dates can be changed provided we receive at least 5 working days’ notice. Alternative dates are subject to availability.
Group booking cancellations
If the course is cancelled within 5 working days prior to the course date a cancellation fee of up to $500 or 50% of the course fee (whichever is the lesser) may apply.
Non-attendance for group bookings
No refund will be issued for non-attendance at a group booking. As a courtesy, those who did not attend the course can attend one of our scheduled courses within 30 days of the group course date. A transfer fee may apply. The option of attending one of our scheduled courses usually does not apply to discounted courses.
A Revalidation course can only revalidate an eligible, existing certificate. To be eligible for a Revalidation Workplace course, a Learner must hold a Workplace First Aid or Workplace Revalidation (recertification) certificate that is no older than 2 years and 3 months. The certificate must show that the course was assessed against NZQA Unit Standards 6402, 6401 and 6400.
We need to sight and take a copy of your previous First Aid certificate for verification, before or on the day of your course. This can be scanned and emailed. Revalidation certificates are not issued until the previous certificate has been sighted by a member of Practical Training Solutions staff.
If the Learner is unable to provide a valid previous certificate, they have the option of attending an additional session to enable them to complete a Full Workplace first aid course. An additional cost applies.
Non-citizens or non-permanent residents (international students)
Under the Education Act 1989 we are not allowed to enrol people who are not citizens or permanent residents unless they meet certain criteria that means that they are treated as if they are not international students. If you are not a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, please carefully read the criteria below and select any that apply to you:
- A person who has a letter from the Protocol Division of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirming that he or she is for the time being entitled to any immunity from jurisdiction by or under the Diplomatic Privileges and Immunities Act 1968 or the Consular Privileges and Immunities Act 1971 for the current academic year, until the end of the year in which that status expires.
- A person who has made a claim to be recognised as a refugee or a protected person in accordance with Part 5 of the Immigration Act 2009, and who is the holder of a valid temporary visa.
- A person who has been recognised as a refugee or a protected person in accordance with Part 5 of the Immigration Act 2009, and whose application for residence is being processed.
- A person who is in New Zealand to study under a New Zealand Government approved exchange programme at a tertiary education provider.
- A person who is enrolled in a Doctor of Philosophy programme at a New Zealand university.
- A person who is enrolled at a tertiary education provider for the purpose of participating in industry training funded under the Industry Training Act 1992.
If none of these criteria apply, we can only accept the learner’s booking under certain circumstances (for example, if we have a memorandum of understanding) in place. Please contact us to discuss this or if you have any questions about this requirement.
Issuing of certificate of completion
Certificates of completion will only be issued once all course requirements, including assessment and payment, are met.
Practical Training Solutions is a smoke free environment. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
Use of first aid course information
Any information provided during first aid training is for educational purposes only and should not be used to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis and treatment.
Feedback, grievances and complaints
All Learners and stakeholders are encouraged to provide feedback and, if they feel aggrieved, raise grievances. Feedback can be provided verbally to your Trainer, administration staff, online at www.practicaltrainingsolutions.co.nz/feedback or by email. We see feedback as an opportunity for improvements and provide effective procedures for investigating and resolving any issues raised.
If you like to raise a grievance or lay a complaint, please follow these steps:
1. In the first instance, speak with the course Trainer.
2. If the issue is still unresolved, speak with or write to the Training Manager (email@example.com). If you choose to lay a formal complaint, please note that a complaint form (download form) must be completed and sent to the Training Manager.
3. If the grievance is still unresolved, you can raise your concerns with NZQA. Please visit www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint-about-a-provider/ for NZQA contact details and information on how to make a formal complaint.
Revisions of terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions will be revised from time to time and may change.